I started in early April is taking shape. It started with staining my planter blocks and positioning them on both support posts that hold up the bird feeder. The vines were started from an old pack of seeds that I had saved for several years. They were started in yogurt cups and germinated around April 15th four days after being started on April 11th.
The climber vines were then transferred to the planter blocks and
mulched in with wood chips. I also had to cover them with chicken wire to keep the doves from trampling the new plants to get to the dropped seed from the feeder above the blocks.
I put some nails in the post and ran jute twine up and around the nail heads on the posts for the vine to climb.
The Cardinal Climber vines have grown steadily and now cover the entire feeder posts as planned. They have a unique leave that adds contrast to the garden and red -orange flowers about the size of a quarter.
With all the rain that we have been having here the climbers have not produced many blooms as of yet but I anticipate later this month the blooms will appear.
This was an easy project that adds a lot to the garden. The vines are pest free after they are established ,look good, and don't require much care. Try some yourself I highly recommend them .